BLC's Community Blog - the Gatherings, Life Groups, discipleship, social issues, prayers, worship experiences, insights into the Scripture... no random statements of who we had lunch with and what our dogs ate for breakfast. The place where strangers get to know us as a community, who we are, what we're like, how we function, and to experience what it'll be like to be a part of us.

Friday, December 31, 2004

End of 2004 (Taken from Flowerpot John)

As we go through the last day of 2004, I look back at the year and smile and sigh at the same time... there were good times, and bad times..... for me the best and the worst happened in December.... my wedding to SS was in December.... and the biggest natural disaster in South East Asia in 40 years happened in the form of an earthquake off the western Sumatran coast, causing tsunami tidal waves crashing into coastal cities and islands, killing, to date, almost a hundred thousand lives..... happiness and sadness, opposites ... yet the existance of one causes the other to be less impactful.....

One thing I learn from all these..... life cannot be taken for granted or taken too lightly.... there is meaning in life... we have to find it quick, lest you feel that life is not worth living.... as for me, I found meaning in being a family member of Jesus Christ, whom have called me to be adopted into His family... and I thank God I found the purpose of life.... or else, I will be questioning very harshly "how can all these happen?"

So go, look for the meaning in life, I have found it, you may want to look in the same direction... it's up to you..... God bless you in your search....Happy New Year!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

It's time to wrap the year up today, and get ready to open up what's possible before us.

This year the mood is very sobering in the light of the Tsunami tragedy. For me, it's taking some "areas" more seriously ... especially when it relates to meaning, relationships, learning, and calling in life.

4:55 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home