BLC's Community Blog - the Gatherings, Life Groups, discipleship, social issues, prayers, worship experiences, insights into the Scripture... no random statements of who we had lunch with and what our dogs ate for breakfast. The place where strangers get to know us as a community, who we are, what we're like, how we function, and to experience what it'll be like to be a part of us.

Friday, December 31, 2004

LIFE Group Evaluation

Last Wednesday was interesting for Giving Tree LIFE Group..... we had our annual evaluation. Basically, we did a lot of sharing about the experiences we had in the LIFE Group and in BLC in the year 2004. As we come to a close for the year, we thank God that He has brought us this far... and we look forward to many more exciting adventures!!!

We met for dinner and discussion (D&D) at the Bangsar McDonald's.

Don't know if it's premature to share, so I'll stick to my personal impressions of the meeting....

As we look back at how far we've come throughout the year, I realise that at the beginning of the year (1st Q), I was very into Bible Study...

1. Did a Long Distance course on the Old Testament with London School of Theology (stopped due to no time);
2. Did "See Through the Scriptures" by Harry Wendt with BLC;
3. Went on a Bible study with Giving Tree from Genesis to Deuteronomy.....

That made me grow a lot personally in my Bible knowledge and my personal walk with God as I go through His Word....

"GROWTH" - that's how I would characterise my Q1;

Secondly, as we continued into Q2 and Q3, I realise that I have become closer to my fellow LG members as we continued to share our thoughts and experiences with one another on issues we discussed or on topics covered by our Bible studies......

Q4 was very busy for me and SS as we prepared for our last minute stuff for our wedding in December. We had so much help from our LG members and from BLC members.... I felt that we were ONE BIG FAMILY preparing for a happy occassion .... I felt very blessed indeed as I saw how everyone helped with enthusiasm and joy in their eyes..... thank you so much, BLC for all your help and prayer support.... SS and I thank you soooo much!

That is an overview of how the LG evaluation made me reflect on my own life as well.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

Thanks John for sharing.... personally, I find it so crucial to "look back" and see how we've travelled thus far in various aspects of our lives and "look forward" to where we would like to go. And of course, "look in" to see what's bubbling inside us and "look up" to God and his agenda for us.

1:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home