BLC's Community Blog - the Gatherings, Life Groups, discipleship, social issues, prayers, worship experiences, insights into the Scripture... no random statements of who we had lunch with and what our dogs ate for breakfast. The place where strangers get to know us as a community, who we are, what we're like, how we function, and to experience what it'll be like to be a part of us.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Sunway Monash Christian Fellowship


Unplugged ... Posted by Hello

I arrived 4.45pm. Two students were at the entrance to welcome me (wow!)
One told me I was one of the few speakers who arrives early before the Christian Fellowship meeting starts (oh!)
I had an interesing mini-conversation with a communications major and was intrigued by the exposure he had on postmodern thought and theories in his cultural studies.



Sunway Monash CFers sing! Posted by Hello

This is the third time (i think) I've been invited. It was good to see some familiar faces (guess who's brother from BLC is studying there? - prizes anyone?)

My topic was a personal favorite "How not to Evangelize" (not don't evangelize ok?!) and I unapologetically gave due credit to the source of my basic outline of 8 factors - a really good book More Ready than You Realize (of course, there's was alot of adaptation with personal stories and reflections!)



Attentive listening ... Posted by Hello

I could only leave at 7.30pm because after the session some people approached me personally and asked questions and we entered into some dialogue (which I always enjoyed). In fact, a few were expecting me to join them for dinner (which I would but promised to celebrate Gareth's birthday early one night!)

As I drove back to Bangsar along Kelana Jaya, the 30 minutes drive was full of thanksgiving for a time of fruitful sharing, ministry, and conversation. I could see in some of them that much of what was said resonated with what they felt and/or "opened up a box of chocolates" of possibilities.

Thank you, Lord for this chance to serve you ... and in some way serve as a "catalyst" for others to get in touch with you and be shaped by your concerns and perspectives!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home