BLC's Community Blog - the Gatherings, Life Groups, discipleship, social issues, prayers, worship experiences, insights into the Scripture... no random statements of who we had lunch with and what our dogs ate for breakfast. The place where strangers get to know us as a community, who we are, what we're like, how we function, and to experience what it'll be like to be a part of us.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Run The Race

In short, Untammed Vessels (UV) and Joyce Soon (my cousin and graduate from the recent Giraffe Programme in Australia) joined James and I to serve as "encouragers". We started with a weird-funny ice breaker trying to "suck" a blue color soft drink with four straws! UV shared three self-composed songs which fit in well with the theme. James interviewed Joyce on her experiences in Alice Springs and I shared from 2 Timothy 4:6-8:

As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me – the crown of righteousness that the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that great day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his glorious return.



We had a good time 


Some DULC Youth listening to Hanry 


James trying to Interview Joyce 


Untamed Vessels sharing their songs 


Lining up for a game 

6 Comments:

Blogger James Tan Chin Choy said...

It was wonderful to serve together as a team. It was great to meet other people from the Lutheran church, also part of the body of Christ, and spend time laughing, playing, worshipping, talking and eating together. Looking forward to more of these.

12:40 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! it was a great time to know other Lutherans' youth. actually i wanted do such visitations as well, where we go as a team like this. I guess this team is great!got music & sharing at the same time..haha!! do call me for such visitation from time to time, i love to go!! praise God! Thanks Sivin for inviting me!! Joyce

4:04 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eelane here. thanks for coming over! we were really blessed. it's such an encouragement to meet up with other young people and get a glimpse of what God has been doing in their lives.

7:26 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

am very glad that pastor sivin brougth his "ma chais" over :) felt encouraged by the songs that they have presented and their passion to want to make a difference in the world out there. hehe...luherans rock!

12:26 am

 
Blogger James Tan Chin Choy said...

Wah so many annonymous posters... great! But the last one didn't leave his/her name... let us know who you are lah. Do keep in touch. It's so often that inter-church activities are Touch & Go... and no interaction after that. I know T&G is taking over all the tolls in Malaysia, don't let them take over our churches as well!!

2:02 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, here's a solid youther in UK. Nice hearing bout what you guys did in DULC. Interesting ice breaker, eh... :) wish i was there!

keep running the race!

8:51 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home