BLC's Community Blog - the Gatherings, Life Groups, discipleship, social issues, prayers, worship experiences, insights into the Scripture... no random statements of who we had lunch with and what our dogs ate for breakfast. The place where strangers get to know us as a community, who we are, what we're like, how we function, and to experience what it'll be like to be a part of us.

Monday, November 28, 2005

A Prayer after Isaiah 64:1-9

Thanks to young Doulos (who visited BLC before) for this. I think it captures the heart of the text the Covenant players based their plays on and that governed the theme of my message excellently. Have a blessed week!


"When I look back upon my life nigh spent,
Nigh spent, although the stream as yet flows on,
I more of follies than of sin repent,
Less for offence than Love’s shortcomings moan.
With self, O Father, leave me not alone –
Leave not with the beguilder the beguiled;
Besmirched and ragged, Lord, take back thine own:
A fool I bring thee, to be made a child."

~George MacDonald, Poetical Works~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home